Well, I made it to 50! Kelly planned a wonderful party for me, and she spent the entire day cooking my favorite meal (her homemade tacos and enchilada casserole). Kelly's mom, Marie, made my favorite birthday cake - pineapple upside down cake. My mother made this cake in an old castiron skillet. It really is the best, and Marie made it just like mom!

Stephanie decorated the house with all kinds of "old folks" stuff. There was a special hat, neckless and cane for me too. She had some really funny stuff, like an box with a hammer that said to break in case of emergency. Of course, inside the box was a diaper. Yep, it was all complete including a handicapped parking spot in front of the house, just for me!

We had a great time visiting and eating. Later, the guys settled down for the UFC fight on pay-per-view while the gals played a little poker.

Thanks to all my family and friends who stopped by to wish me well on my next 50, and for making this day so special for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog