Sorry for the late and limited posts from Memorial Day weekend, but during that weekend I managed to ignore warnings from Kelly as I was picking up a large flower pot and ended up in the emergency room with a back injury. Actually, it was a flar-up of a 10-year old reoccurring back problem. This time was different, and the pain was more than I have ever experienced before. I've been out of work for two weeks and pretty much confined to bed. In fact, I am updating my web blog from a recyliner and a laptop.

Besides the trip to the ER, Kelly has taken me to the doctors twice, and once came very close to calling the paramedics. She has been up at night with me, and she missed a few days of work too. I don't know what I would have done without her nursing me back to health 24-hours a day. Besides being a great wife, Kelly has always been there to help me through the long recoveries. Thank you Dear!!! Stephanie called to check on me each day, and she always offered to help if needed. Kyle, on the other hand, had a great time poking fun at me using a walker. He asked me if my next purchase was going to be a wheelchair. He was out of my throwing range! Just wait until I'm better!

I am finally on a combination of drugs that have eliminated most of the pain, and allows me to move and recover (morphine, motrin and valium). The pain was so bad that I averaged only 2-3 hours of broken sleep a night. Now, I am sleeping in a recliner for 5-6 hours a night. Kelly said my spine looks like the letter "S" but it is getting better. To top off my medical problems, I received a spider bite on my neck while sleeping in the chair. The bite swelled to an area about one inch round. So now I am on antibiotics for that. Hopefully, I am back on the road to better health.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Get well soon Uncle Gary!!!!

<3, tootie

Popular posts from this blog