On Friday, while eating lunch, there was breaking news on the TV. A Taca Airlines plane had overshot the runway in Honduras, killing the pilot and a few others. A knot formed in my stomach as the reporter continued with her story that the flight had originated from San Salvador and was to end up in Miami, Florida.

Why, you may ask was I so upset over this news. Pictured to the left, are Sylvia and her husband Edgardo, a pilot for Taca Airlines. Edgardo was a most gracious host to me while I visited in El Salvador. Edgardo spent many of his vacation days treating our party to the beach resorts, as well as an overnight trip to Honduras and Guatemala. I had the chance to visit with Edgardo at one of the resorts, and we stayed up late one night talking about his job as a pilot. It was fascinating to learn about his job. I knew from our conversations that Edgardo often flew the very route being reported on the news.

I immediately called Mark & Mary to ask if Edgardo was safe. To my heartfelt relief, Edgardo was safe and not on that flight. Prayers were answered, and God was watching over Edgardo, his wife and kids. I am so glad that he is fine, and I want to take this opportunity to thank him again for all he did for us while visiting El Salvador.

I am so grateful you are safe and sound Edgardo!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog