Magestic colors filled the landscape!

The neatest thing happened today. We originally planned to take the same route back home, following Highway 101 to Highway 12 and then cut over to Interstate-5 in Stockton. At the last minute we made the decision to take a different route. Reaching Interstate-5 via Grants Pass meant about an additional hour travel time, but we really wanted to take in this scenic drive.

We were about 30 miles west of Grants Pass in the town of Cave Junction, when I suddenly decided to stop for gas in this small town. Being in Oregon the gas is pumped for you by the station employees. This very nice man came over and pumped our gas and washed our windshield. I have to tell you, I got spoiled in Oregon. Full service is not dead! Anyway, back to my awesome day. As I stood there waiting for a full tank of gasoline, the attendant, Pat and I had a very good visit. Talk about God bringing two people together at the right time. Here I am in this small town, on a route I had not planned on taking, getting gasoline at the very station where Pat worked. You see, Pat is from Garden Grove. He and I attended the same elementary school, both attend Calvary Chapels in Orange County, but now Pat and his family live in this beautiful region of Oregon. The purpose of our trip was to photograph Ray & Syliva's wedding at the Calvary Chapel Of The Redwoods in Smith River, California. Pat knows this church very well because just this past Sunday, Pat filled in for the senior pastor who was away on a retreat. The more we talked the more we found in common. It was a blessing to both of us to have this special visit. God brought us together at that moment if only for an encouraging word. We exchanged contact information, and I plan on staying in tough with Pat. Thanks Pat for a great visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog